Code Of Conduct
SCHOOL RULES AND REGULATIONS:
It’s imperative for a civilized community to have well laid down rules and regulations to which members pay regard and allegiance. World Ahead S.S Matugga embraces members from different social, cultural and economic background, who need to be guided and thus adhere to the following rules and regulations: –
- Alcohol, drugs and smoking are strictly forbidden and punishable by expulsion.
- Bullying, teasing and fighting are strictly forbidden and punishable by expulsion.
- (i) Stealing of any nature is punishable by expulsion.
(ii) Rioting of any nature is typical of un-civilized community and is punishable by expulsion.
Incase of any problem, assistance should be sought from Head prefect, Wardens and Matrons, Deputy Headmaster and finally the Headmaster if it is needed.
- Insolence of any nature to the school Administration and members of the teaching and non – teaching staff is strictly forbidden and punished by expulsion.
- (i) Vandalism and malicious damage of school property, i.e writing on desk, wall of classrooms and toilets, breaking desks, windowpanes, e.t.c is highly punishable.
- (i) Trespassing is forbidden and highly punishable.
(ii) Leaving the school campus without written permission is self – dismissal from the school.
g)i) Radios, musical instruments of any kind cameras must not be brought at school, punishment is confiscation for good and suspension up to three weeks.
(ii) Mobile phones and their accessories are not allowed at school. Punishment is confiscation followed by an expulsion.
- All forms of communication by students to any person outside school must be done through the administration.
- h) Parents/Guardians and relatives are not allowed to visit students during school
i)(i) Earrings, necklace, nail vanish, rings, lipstick, bangles, caps, hats and all forms of cosmetics are not allowed and punishable by three weeks’ suspension.
(ii) Piercing of ears (for boys) is strictly forbidden and punishable by expulsion.
- j) (i) Students hair should be kept at an inch length, French cuts, back bush and shoaling forbidden.
(ii) Long hair for girls may be on request from HM held with a black puff holder. Plaiting is forbidden.
- k) Missing class is punishable by 3 – 4 weeks’ suspension. In case of sickness, permission should be obtained from the Administration.
- I) Students are not allowed in the kitchen, punishment is by 3 – 4 weeks’ suspension.
- m) Students clean classes, compound, toilets and dormitories. Students must not put on un – authorized jackets, cardigans, sweaters etc. The punishment is confiscation for goods.
- n) Staff quarters are strictly out of bounds to students except in case of an emergency.
- o) All students must report at school on the first day of the term.
- p) All students going for games and sports, seminars etc must be in full uniform and must carry with them their identify cards for security purpose. Shouting and nasty singing is not allowed on the truck and punishable by expulsion.
- q) All societies, clubs shall have a patron who should be a member of the teaching staff.
NB: All societies/clubs shall have to register with the Headmaster’s office.
- r) Society leaders must communicate with outside bodies or person through their patrons. All correspondence from societies to others schools/organizations/persons MUST be addressed through the Headmaster of this school to the Headmaster of the specific school concerned and must be countersigned by the Patron of the society. Such letters MUST be in triplicate. No society should make a trip without the Patron. However, the patron may request any member of the Academic Staff to accompany the group on his/her behalf.
- s) All students should purchase their requirements only from the school canteen during break time, lunchtime and after class. The canteen management MUST abide by this.
- t) English language is the official medium of communication. Vernacular speaking is tantamount to sectarianism in this multi – lingual society.
- u) All students must be dressed in full school uniform, walk and talk in an organized and orderly manner, from and on the way home.
- v) Girl – Boy relationship and any other form of promiscuity associated with immorality is punishable by expulsion.
- w) Mudslinging, rumormongering and backbiting is highly punishable.
- x) Sharing, borrowing or lending clothes, beddings or shoes is punishable by/up to three weeks to both the lender and the borrower.
- y) Possession of pornographic materials is forbidden and punishable by expulsion.
- Dormitories should be out of bounds for all students during class time and prep time. NB. Sick students get bed rest from the nurse approved by the school Administration (Warden, House master)
- VISITATION DAY:
- Every parent MUST visit his son/daughter on the visitation day and this is always the 1st Sunday of the second month of the term between 10:00a.m and 5:00pm. Only one visitation Day is allowed every term.
- Parents/Guardians are free to bring food to students on production of a visitation card.
- Visitors must see the School Administration before talking to any student. Students found talking to visitors without permission will be sent home with their visitors.
- All forms of private cooking are not allowed at school. Cooking facilities i.e stoves, coils saucepans etc. found with students will always be confiscated.
- (i) Prep is mandatory for every boarder. Students must do their preps in the appropriate rooms.
(ii) All students are encouraged to attend prayers on Sunday irrespective of the religious denominations. This is to ensure order.
- Shouting and any other form of noise, which may disturb the freedom of others, are forbidden.
- Once a student reports, it means that together with the parent they have entered into a contract with the school to abide by the school rules and the punishment therein specified.
- All students shall arrive on the EVE of the Opening Day not later than 6:00pm. Fully dressed in school uniform checked by Warden or the Matron.
- Every boarder must observe lights out; this will always be at 11:00pm.
NB: (i) All Boarders must be fully dressed in weekend/out of class uniform whenever it is weekend or after class. This is Red/Blue T – shirts and Black trousers/skirts.
(ii) Red and Blue T – shirts are meant for Boarders only. While white T – shirts are meant for Day students. A day student found with Blue/Red T – shirt will be suspended.
- All students should observe double margins and should use the block systems of paragraphing.
- Cheating of any nature in examinations is punishable by instant demotion irrespective of class or term.
- A period of 15 – 20 minutes should always be observed and used for selecting and planning for all questions to be answered. No one is allowed to start answering during this period. This is applicable to both candidates and semi – candidates,
- After the examination period, students must continue with their normal school routine i.e class break, class lunch, games and preps.
- All students must observe instructions and directions governing examinations.
Violation of any rule and regulations may result into immediate suspension or dismissal from school or any other form of punishment as deemed necessary.